Leadership is important in sports, business, and life, and the best leaders know how to find their leadership voice in order to communicate well with the people they lead and influence. In today’s podcast, I explore 5 techniques that can help you communicate and connect authentically with your team. I also offer 6 questions that every great leader should ask.
5 Effective Leadership Communication Techniques:
- Seek First To Understand, Then Be Understood© (The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey)
- Communicate the Right Ratio of Positive to Constructive Feedback
- Communicate Feedback in Terms of the Other Person’s “Potential To Be”
- Be Vulnerable and Open
- Encourage Others and Connect to Core Values
6 Questions Every Great Leader Should Ask:
- How are you doing?
- What are you most proud of over the last few months?
- What opportunities have you leveraged?
- What successes have you had?
- What challenges, if any, do you have in front of you?
- How can I help?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.