Great leaders in sports, business, and life consistently rise to the occasion and lead in the moment! They assess the current situation or opportunity and consider how their past experiences have prepared them for this moment to make a positive impact in the lives of other people. The best part of this is that transformational leaders step up to serve others…not themselves!
In today’s podcast, I talk about how leaders do this by identifying 3 basic steps that help them truly lead in the moment:
- Step Up – Learn From the Past
- Step Out – Prepare For The Future
- Step Forward – Perform in the Moment
I also offer and discuss 7 questions that can help you grow as a leader at work, at home, in sports, and in your community:
- How are you growing as a leader?
- What is your plan for personal growth?
- Do you invest time in learning from the past?
- How self aware are you?
- When the moment calls, do you respond?
- Even if you are not in a formal role of leadership, how can you influence the influencers based on your strengths, talents, gifts, and past experiences to respond in the right way?
- How can you make a positive difference at home, at work, and in your community?
Remember, there is no one right way to serve. Serving others is all about leveraging your strengths, passions, and opportunities to make a positive impact in the lives of other people within your sphere of influence.