In this week’s podcast, I share a message that I originally delivered at West University Baptist Church about the importance of preserving your marriage. The principles and verses shared in this message are essential for preserving the precious relationship of marriage. You will hear how we often keep score instead of unconditionally loving our spouse and showing mutual respect to each other.
To preserve means “to keep alive or in existence, to maintain, and to keep safe from harm or injury.” Marriage is one of the most sacred covenants you can make; yet, we often don’t invest in properly nurturing this precious relationship. Over time, two people who vowed to become one can grow apart and wonder what happened. Specific concepts in this week’s podcast:
- The importance of preserving
- Our calling to complement, supplement, and complete the other person
- How keeping score of all the wrongs the other person has done clouds the lens we view them through
- “Conflict often results from differences and pride. Differences can create conflict, and pride keeps us from resolving it.”
- Why we need to release and surrender unmet expectations
You can subscribe to this podcast through our web site or via iTunes directly. Also, we would love for you to leave your comments on iTunes and Google Play about what you like about this podcast. Finally, you can download Downcast, one of my favorite apps for automatically consuming podcasts.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.