In today’s episode of Monday Morning Moments, I talk about the power of a defining moment. You can’t always predict when a defining moment will happen in your life, but you can be prepared for it. The sad reality is that many people never realize the opportunities that they have to unleash their strengths, talents, and gifts in the midst of an opportunity to positively impact others. Defining moments provide that opportunity for us, and they also present an opportunity for us to get very clear about our calling and purpose in life.
- Defining moments allow you to unleash your strengths, talents, and gifts in the midst of an opportunity to positively impact others.
- Defining moments provide clarity of your identity and calling.
- You can’t always predict when a defining moment will happen, but you can be prepared for it.
- Preparing for defining moments involves learning from the past.
- The key to preparing for a defining moment in your life involves the following principle: “Focus on the Moment.”
- To have focus in the moment, you have to “focus on the moment.”
- Focusing on the Moment involves asking the following questions:
- What’s at stake?
- Who else is involved?
- How can I make a difference?
- Other questions to consider:
- Why do you have the platform (i.e. title, role, sphere of influence) that you have?
- What are you doing with that sphere of influence?
- Who is being impacted by your platform?
- How are they being impacted?
- How are you preparing for the defining moments in your life?
- When you think about your entire life as a “moment” in time, how have you prepared yourself to focus on the “moment?”