In this podcast, I interview Jon Duplantier, the 3rd round pick of the Arizona Diamondbacks and former starting pitcher for Rice University. I have known Jon for a long time and have had the opportunity to invest in his life through our student athlete leadership program at Rice University. Jon is currently assigned to the Arizona Diamondbacks Class A Kane County Cougars as a starting pitcher. He is having an awesome start to his professional baseball career including 28 strikeouts and no earned runs.
Jon is a true leader on and off the field and is a true example of how dreams become a reality through hard work, discipline, and persevering through setbacks and challenges. Specifically, Jon shares some great insight on the following:
- How playing multiple sports helped him advance his baseball career
- Advice for parents in coaching and encouraging their kids as they play sports
- His definition of leadership and how leaders build trust with others
- The impact of mentors in his life
- Advice for athletes who want to play in high school and college
- How he persevered though a significant challenge in college and what he learned from the experience about having the right perspective
You can leave a comment by clicking here.