Mentoring can be a powerful force in the life of another person! In a previous podcast, I shared 10 ways to become an effective mentor. In this week’s podcast, I share 10 ways to enhance your role as a mentee.
10 Ways to Enhance Your Role As A Mentee:
- Seek out a mentor.
- Constantly ask questions of your mentor in order to learn. Sample questions include:
- What has become clear since we last met?
- What do you wish you had known earlier in your career?
- What perspective have you gained based on your experience?
- What books are you currently reading, studying, and learning from?
- What is your leadership philosophy?
- What is the best advice you ever received?
- What advice would you give to me?
- Observe your mentor in action.
- Develop a relationship with your mentor.
- Have “off-line” conversations with your mentor or counselor.
- Develop a peer mentoring group to learn a technology, skill, or ability.
- Encourage your mentor!
- Find the free.
- Establish goals that you want to accomplish with your mentor.
- Communicate your goals, dreams, and passions with your counselor or mentor.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.